Geophysicist / Signal Processing Specialist
Founded in 2016, DataCloud builds advanced technology solutions that help mining companies to master the subsurface so they can transform their economics and own the future. DataCloud enables mining operators to make better, more profitable decisions faster. Our integrated technology and analytics platform enables mining companies to process massive volumes of drilling and geosciences data and create real-time, actionable insights that dramatically improve their processes, performance and productivity.
Our team is a best-in-class group of experts from the technology industry and top-tier institutions such as Stanford, UC-Berkeley and Cambridge, who have deep expertise in geoscience and blast-wave analysis. With its unique combination of skills in both mining and technology, DataCloud is helping to solve many of the problems that have challenged the mining industry for decades. Our portfolio of products and services span the latest in Geo-Statistics, Geo-Physics, and advanced digital and artificial intelligence technologies, including cloud computing, machine learning, advanced visualization, and new sensor technology enabled by IoT systems.
Data cloud is actively seeking a Geophysicist/Signal Processing Specialist who will work with our VP of Geophysics team including (Professor UC Berkeley and Snr Geophysicist) to support a rapid scaling of the DataCloud RHINO system, and support other ongoing R&D efforts. The ideal candidate will have at Masters or PhD Level degree in Geophysics or related subject, and a strong analytical mind.
Reporting to the Principle Scientist Geophysics and Software,
- Participate in the overall DataCloud product development
- Refine and develop signal processing techniques
- Process and interpret data sets from new mine projects
- Present and discuss results with customers
- Analysis and modelling of data for calibrations back to core and log data
- Exploratory data analysis
- Masters of PhD Level degree in Geophysics
- Strong skills with Python
- Strong data science skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – not afraid to dive deep into subject related data and ask the right questions and be able to chart a path to answer them
- Flexible “can-do” attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of seismic processing, rock mechanics, mining engineering, and petrophysics is a plus
- Strong software development skills are a plus
- Self-motivated and independent
- Be an effective communicator with other staff on the project of varying levels, disciplines, and authority to achieve team goals for the analyses and related outputs.
Work Hours & Location
Full time, Flexible working hours, 15 days/year vacation. Available for flexible working hours of field operations and clients globally. Work from Palo Alto offices or within SF Bay Area, with some limited travel to Client offices worldwide.
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
To inquire about this position, please email: [email protected]