Vice President of Sales (Location: Perth, Australia)
Founded in 2016, DataCloud builds advanced technology solutions that help mining companies to master the subsurface so they can transform their economics and own the future. DataCloud enables mining operators to make better, more profitable decisions faster. Our integrated technology and analytics platform enables mining companies to process massive volumes of drilling and geosciences data and create real-time, actionable insights that dramatically improve their processes, performance and productivity.
Our team is a best-in-class group of experts from the technology industry and top-tier institutions such as Stanford, UC-Berkeley and Cambridge, who have deep expertise in geoscience and blast-wave analysis. With its unique combination of skills in both mining and technology, DataCloud is helping to solve many of the problems that have challenged the mining industry for decades. Our portfolio of products and services span the latest in Geo-Statistics, Geo-Physics, and advanced digital and artificial intelligence technologies, including cloud computing, machine learning, advanced visualization, and new sensor technology enabled by IoT systems.
DataCloud is actively seeking a Perth, Australia-based VP of Sales to build and lead our sales organization worldwide. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in building and leading a sales organization, primarily in a B2B technology start-up, especially a SaaS-based company. A strong plus is a candidate with experience selling into the global mining industry and/or the oil & gas industry.
Reporting to the CEO, with a dotted line to the COO
- Based in Perth, Australia, this executive will serve as the senior sales executive for the company, with responsibility for building a robust pipeline and delivering on quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Build a strong sales operations infrastructure, including optimizing the CRM system, creating sales materials (in conjunction with marketing), training, and RFP management.
- Build, lead and manage a high performance sales team, with sales people located in different regions worldwide.
- Coordinate closely with DataCloud’s marketing VP, COO and CTO to ensure that DataCloud’s products and solutions are aligned with feedback from the marketplace.
- Manage DataCloud’s presence at major industry events and serve as key representative for the company at these events.
- Ability to “function as an island,” and build a best in class sales organization that specializes in selling transformative new technology to an industry that is ripe for, but resistant to, disruption.
- Must be a true self-starter, comfortable functioning without a roadmap. Must strongly want the opportunity and autonomy to decide how best to capitalize on a stunningly large market that will require flexibility and the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Must possess DNA that doesn’t allow you to take “no” for an answer.
- Ideally, the candidate will have an understanding of mining engineering or related/equivalent geo-technical subject matter expertise. Should have contacts with the major mining companies based in and around Perth, Australia.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – not afraid to dive deep into subject related data and ask the right questions and be able to chart a path to answer them.
- Quick learner, willing to study and digest and comprehend new concepts fast, in an ever changing environment.
- This leadership sales job is based in Perth, Australia.
- Ability to travel to remote client mining sites as needed (travel is typically anticipated to be less than 25% initially).
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects.
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives.
- Ability to successfully influence others to best outcomes even when they are not in your organization.
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. The Candidate must be based, and authorized to work, in Perth, Australia.
To inquire about this position, please email: [email protected]