Business Development/Sales Manager, Drill & Blast (Australia)
Founded in 2016, DataCloud builds advanced technology solutions that help mining companies to master the subsurface so they can transform their economics and own the future. DataCloud enables mining operators to make better, more profitable decisions faster. Our integrated technology and analytics platform enables mining companies to process massive volumes of drilling and geosciences data and create real-time, actionable insights that dramatically improve their processes, performance and productivity.
Our team is a best-in-class group of experts from the technology industry and top-tier institutions such as Stanford, UC-Berkeley and Cambridge, who have deep expertise in geoscience and blast-wave analysis. With its unique combination of skills in both mining and technology, DataCloud is helping to solve many of the problems that have challenged the mining industry for decades. Our portfolio of products and services span the latest in Geo-Statistics, Geo-Physics, and advanced digital and artificial intelligence technologies, including cloud computing, machine learning, advanced visualization, and new sensor technology enabled by IoT systems.
DataCloud is actively seeking a technical expert in drill and blast with great sales skills to support our entry into the Australian mining market.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in drill and blast operations and modelling in an open pit mining environment. Strong knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of blasting are important. Sales, communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
Reporting to the CEO and/or VP of Sales;
- Support customers in Australia with use of DataCloud software and solutions to deliver better blast outcomes.
- Support all business functions in Australia.
- Function as technical sales expert and manage pre-sales function to support sales and marketing for the Australian market.
- Undergraduate/graduate education in mining engineering or related/equivalent geo-technical subject matter expertise.
- Hands on experience in drill and blast design, engineering and operations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – not afraid to dive deep into subject related data and ask the right questions and be able to chart a path to answer them.
- Flexible “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Located in, or willingness to relocate to, Perth, Western Australia
- Ability to travel to remote client mining sites as needed (travel is typically anticipated to be less than 20%).
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects.
- High proficiency in planning, collaboration, communication, and reporting tools.
- Exposure to software engineering best practices is a plus.
- Adept at proactive change management.
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable local law. The Candidate must be authorized to work in Australia.
To inquire about this position, please email: [email protected]