MinePortal is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent platform that powers geotechnical knowhow of the rock in the mining industry for operational intelligence. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Geostatistics, Geophysical IoT sensors, Machine Learning (ML), Data Management, Automatic Blast Loading, and Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible blast outcomes for our customers. We’re looking for a Senior GeoStatistics Engineer to help build industry-leading analytics technologies that the world’s largest mines will adopt.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the CTO, the Principal GeoStatistics role will include following broad responsibilities and any other assigned work from time to time
- Undertake innovative applied research and application of model based geostatistics, addressing abilities and limitations of geostatistics through innovative use of machine learning techniques. Advise and augment ML and AI capabilities to achieve best possible results to be delivered via MinePortal
- Develop and implement new computational and statistical methods. Create, test, and use relevant code (R, Java, C, C++, or Python). Maintain and distribute completed software.
- Evaluate and analyze Model-Mine-Mill processes and deliver quantifiable insights using existing and new sensor based data integrated with existing data from customers
- Review and assess data sources in order to determine their relevance and utility for ongoing analyses. Become expert in understanding key data sources and, in particular, variations in these across and within different geologies.
- Communicate with external collaborators in order to best understand the nature, key characteristics, and context of the data, engage in critiques of the analytic results, and disseminate findings.
- Assess and coordinate with others on the integration of analytic methods into computational machinery and with evolving databases so that the results can be produced as part of an overall system supporting the geospatial analyses portfolio and be used in conjunction with results from other output streams of MinePortal.
- Be an effective communicator with other staff on the project of varying levels, disciplines, and authority to achieve team goals for the analyses and related outputs.
- Contribute and develop ideas for new research and commercially viable analytics.
Work Hours & Location
- Full time, Flexible working hours, 15 days/year vacation
- Work from Palo Alto offices, with travel to Seattle and Client offices world wide
- PhD or master’s degree in geostatistics, statistics, mathematics, applied physics, geosciences, or a related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of programming and experience in C, C++, Matlab, Python, Golang, R, or similar language used in geostatistics.
- Experience with machine learning techniques, methodology, algorithms, and applications
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Experience in leading teams in the research, development, and implementation of signal and image processing algorithms.
- Flexible “can-do” attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects
- Fluid ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in any organization
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives
- Ability to successfully influence others to best outcomes without having authority
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
To inquire about this position, please email: [email protected]