Signal Processing Specialist
MinePortal is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent platform that powers geotechnical knowhow of the rock in the mining industry for operational intelligence. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Geophysical IoT sensors, Machine Learning (ML), Data Management, Automatic Blast Loading, and Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible blast outcomes for our customers. We’re looking for a Senior Signal Processing Engineer to help build industry-leading seismic processing technologies that the world’s largest mines will adopt.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the CTO, the Signal Processing Specialist role will include following broad responsibilities and any other assigned work from time to time
- Participating in design and execution of field tests for data collection and sensor system demonstration. Processing and quantitatively analyzing data from multiple sensor modalities.
- Surveying current academic and industry research for state-of-the-art capabilities in new sensor phenomenology and generating innovative ideas to benefit the company
- Feature extraction and identification over large data sets to feed automated algorithm development
- Apply knowledge in electromagnetic theory, quantitative analysis, and signal processing to sensor solutions for challenges facing our sponsors.
- Explore promising research and maintain/gain the technical edge required for projects. Share and develop new approaches and methods.
- Develop and implement signal processing techniques for ground and drill-based acoustic sensors, including detection, monitoring, tracking, and parameter estimation.
- Develop signal processing performance metrics and testing methodologies.
- Contribute to analysis of algorithmic computational complexity and memory requirements.
- Work with Hardware Engineers to specify and optimize sensor and IoT device design and configuration for multiple sensing use cases.
- Interface closely with Application and UX Engineers to develop compelling analytical use cases to utilize signal outputs and insights.
Work Hours & Location
- Full time, Flexible working hours, 15 days/year vacation
- Work from home office and workspace in Palo Alto
- Some travel to Seattle and Client offices world wide
- PhD or master’s degree in electrical engineering, statistics, mathematics, applied physics, geosciences, or a related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of programming and experience in C, C++, Matlab, Python, Golang, or similar language used in the signal and image sciences.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Experience in leading teams in the research, development, and implementation of signal and image processing algorithms.
- Flexible “can-do” attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects
- Fluid ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in any organization
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives
- Ability to successfully influence others to best outcomes without having authority
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
To inquire about this position, please email: [email protected]